Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

The arrival of David Brown




And another weekend has flown by, friday evening started with Etienne and Noah working on the baler while I planted basil. I have to say I think I had a more productive evening than they did. Got a little carried away with all the starts and planted two beds full.  Anyone interested in you pick basil come August? Saturday found Etienne and Noah again working on machinary. I have a good feeling this is going to become a common blog post. Here you can see Lyra catching on. I heard a loud bagging noise and went outside, she told me she was "fixing her tractor".
I really should get her some safety glasses
In the afternoon we brought the sheep up the road home, past starring studio tour tourists. All the sheep have fat little bellies now and are clean and white from the past few days of rain. The two lambs, Brother and Sister , were not into staying with the heard now that they are getting weaned but the Southdown's do not feel they are part of the heard. That is Lyra's job to keep them with the heard.
showing her hearding skills

And finally on Sunday midday the very exciting arrivel of David Brown. The last few days had been full of anticipation on Etienne and Noah's part. The new tractor was brought up island from Naniamo and Etienne drove her over to Quadra. Maybe it's because I have know these three guys since they where all sixteen, but the gawking of this tractor in the yard was like watching them all eleven years ago at a party gawking at a pretty girl (now without any of that teenage awkwardness) they all just went right up and started checking her out.  I'm just happy to have a tractor and not 65 horses!  And this means we are in business to cut hay over the summer. Please call me or email me get on the hay list. $8 a bale.





I know a certain cousin who will be excited for his turn. 

And the rest of the day until dark found Noah, Lyra and myself in garden #2. A lot was accomplished  and Lyra built herself a house of plastic filled with piles of mud. Does anyone else have to use a green scrubby on their family bathtub every 2 days?

1 comment: