Pages

Saturday 7 July 2012

Good Morning


What a day! I woke up this morning at about 6:30 hungry, as usual.  The first think I noticed was the sound of the raven's calling.  I graped a peach of the counter and started sleepily over to the pasture. The grass was still wet and peach juice dripped down my arm, I still felt dreamy as I walked around looking for the cow. She was in the very back paddock and there on the grass before her was her newborn calf. Still wet, he must have been born only a few moments earlier. It was so sweet to see them together in the morning light. Fifi nugged and the little bull calf slowly got up on his woobly legs for his first steps. I stayed watching them until Fifi gave me a look.  I headed back to the house and crawled back into bed with wet grassy feet. We are looking for a name so send me your ideas, we usually let Lyra name the animals but we aren't letting this one get named Strawberry Shortcake Fluffy Sleepy Cloud.
little milky face 
first frolic after a belly full of milk 



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fifi! :) and you for getting a juicy ripe peach this early in the season!
    He looks very cute and just like a sweet strawberry shortcake fluffy sleepy cloud!
    Here are some ideas that you may not have thought of:
    "BB" for Buffalo Bill or Bodacious Bovine
    Asparagus
    Charcoal
    Cowabunga
    Tiny Toro --with this choice you could then have TT and FIFI
    Snot Shooter
    and of course my favorite - FERDINAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Asparagus or Ferdinand^^
      He's so cute!

      Delete
  2. He is still unnamed. I like cowabunga:) I'm sure he'll get a name once I see Noah again after the hay is in. He is only nursing off one teat. Any ideas to get him to nurse all four?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you all, looks like you are all doing amazingly well. Blessings on all your endevors. Cho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As he gets bigger he'll attack all 4 teats.

    ReplyDelete