Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

killing the cow



Thank you to Reo, Sacha, Hugh and Liam for all helping out with slaughtering.
Lyra put it best as Noah pulled out the liver she said,  Oh YUM, look at that nice big liver for Morgan. My babies never sleep so good as when they get liver for dinner.
I am looking for to cooking up our nice tender beef over the summer. Usually we slaughter in the fall so it's a nice treat.   I am so looking forward to summer cooking.

Paul gave us some spinach starts the other day.  We have  been late getting seeds in the ground this year, but are blessed with hundreds of voulenteers. I love finding them everywhere.  I've been planting them out evening bit of time in the morning and evening that I can get. Thank you heirlooms seeds. 

Another gift of kale, so good I just had to get a photo. This was the day we ate eggs for hard boiled breakfast, kale frittata dinner and custard for dessert. The next day I drove around gifting eggs. 

My little stander chatting with Sonora 
The sheep have been moved down to their posh summer home on the loop with an ocean view and plenty of fresh grass, as Lyra shows the grass is  good enough for bare feet running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment